COAA was founded in 1994 to serve the interests of construction project owners. COAA is comprised of a diverse group of men and women representing construction project owners throughout America.
Board of Directors Commitment
If you agree to be serve as a COAA Director, you should be aware of and consider the following requirements & stipulations:
- Three-year term of service for Directors and may be elected for three consecutive terms.
- Preparation for and participation in four official board meetings each year:
- February (in person at a TBD location)
- May (in person prior to the spring conference)
- August (in person at a TBD location or via conference call)
- November (in person prior to the fall conference)
- Officers must participate in scheduled Executive Committee conference calls (one per month)
- New Board Directors must participate in a Board orientation, via GoTo Meeting, prior to the first Board meeting in February.
- Directors are assigned as a Board Liaison to at least one COAA committee or task force with the expectation that they will participate in regular committee conference calls and activity, as available, in addition to regular communication with the committee/task force chair.
- Officers and Directors are expected to assume responsibility for expenses related to board meetings that occur in conjunction with the Spring/Fall Owners Leadership Conferences. COAA will reimburse travel and hotel expenses associated with the August Board meeting.