COAA was founded in 1994 to serve the interests of construction project owners. COAA is comprised of a diverse group of men and women representing construction project owners throughout America.
- Nominees must be a COAA individual or Corporate Owner member for a minimum of three (3) years.
- Nominees must have served in a volunteer capacity with COAA for a minimum of one (1) year.
- Nominees can self-nominate or be nominated by another individual.
- Nominees should have leadership experience within the industry or within a related organization(s).
Nominees Must have:
- An understanding of the Bylaws, Strategic Plan, Board and Operational Policies and be willing to sign a Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Statement.
- Commitment to the organization and its mission.
- Knowledge about the programs, products, services, and goals of the organization.
- Capacity to focus that knowledge on decision making that benefits the organization as a whole.
- Ability and eagerness to deal with values, vision and the long-term future of the association.
- Ability to participate assertively in Board deliberations and support Board decisions/consensus.
- Excellent communication skills with an appreciation for diversity.