COAA is committed to serving as a resource to Owners and Developers involved in the construction process.
- A building professional's guide to more than 90 environmentally-appropriate technologies and practices. Designed to help architects, engineers and building managers improve the energy and resource efficiency of commercial, industrial, and multi-unit residential buildings.
American Solar Energy Society
– A 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to bringing the promise of renewable energy to the American people. Our diverse membership includes the general public and the leading technologists from across the renewables industry as well as energy efficiency experts. We’re all pulling towards the same goal.
Building Codes Assistance Project
- The Building Codes Assistance Project is dedicated to assisting states and local jurisdictions in the adoption, implementation, and advancement of building energy codes.
Building Design and Construction
- Building Design & Construction offers several green building and design courses through its online university. BD&C has also published several well regarded white papers on sustainable building.
- Building Green is an independent company committed to providing accurate, unbiased, and timely information designed to help building-industry professionals and policy makers improve the environmental performance, and reduce the adverse impacts, of buildings. Building Green offers both print and electronic resources to help professionals take an integrated design approach that minimizes ecological impact and maximizes economic performance. Building Green is also the publisher of Environmental Building News
– Established to coordinate the profound constructive changes coming to the fragmented real property industry in North America. The collective goal is to open interoperability and full lifecycle implementation of building information models. The focus is to guarantee lowest overall cost, optimum sustainability, energy conservation, and environmental stewardship to protect the earth’s ecosystem.
- A leading publication in the expanding field of sustainable design. The magazine’s goal is to “improve environmental performances of buildings and their surroundings.”
Environmental Building News
- A monthly newsletter featuring comprehensive, practical information on a wide range of topics related to sustainable building--from energy efficiency and recycled-content materials to land-use planning and indoor air quality.
Environmental Design + Construction Magazine
- One of the premier sources for integrated high-performance building. Since 1997, ED and C has supported the progressive architect, designer, specifying engineer and building developer to enhance the sustainability of new and existing buildings.
Global Green USA
- Global Green USA establishes collaborative partnerships with local governments, affordable housing organizations, and other public and private entities to facilitate the development, adoption, and implementation of sustainable policies, programs, and practices.
Green Building Initiative
- A not-for-profit organization whose mission is to accelerate the adoption of building practices that result in energy-efficient, healthier, and environmentally sustainable buildings by promoting credible and practical green building approaches for residential and commercial construction.
Green Building Insider
- Up-to-the minute news and information on building green, from legislation and policy to best practices in design, construction, and facilities maintenance.
Green Building Institute
- Focused on educating people about various elements of high performance and natural building methods.
™ – An online assessment tool that provides continuous feedback on project ratings while moving through the certification process. Green Globes was adapted from a green certification tool in use in Canada for over 10 years.
- A new publication dedicated to informing industry professionals about the many aspects of sustainable and green business. With an editorial package that’s multidisciplinary, Green Magazine
crosses segments of green industry to reach businesses interested in “solutions for a sustainable world.”
- USGBC’s Greenbuild conference and expo provides an opportunity to connect with other green building peers, industry experts, and influential leaders as they share insights on the green building movement and its diverse specialties.
- A free, web-based resource to help companies of all sizes and sectors understand and address building design, construction, and operation in a way that aligns environmental responsibility with business success. Its mission is to provide hands-on tools, action steps, and other resources companies can use to understand the underlying issues, and to promote positive, cost-effective practices that improve buildings' environmental performance while simultaneously reducing costs and negative health impacts.
- An online directory of information on sustainable design, practice, and products. It includes information for the architect, engineer, contractor, and consumer from GreenSource
, Architectural Record
and Engineering News-Record
magazines, our new Network for Products, as well as web-only exclusives. This publication is published quarterly from January 2007 (January, April, July & October).
- iGreenBuild.com focuses on providing green building enthusiasts, construction industry professionals, and concerned citizens with information and news concerning environmentally responsible design and construction.
Integrated Project Delivery for Public and Private Owners
- A joint effort of Construction Owners Association of America (COAA); National Association of State Facilities Administrators (NASFA); APPA; The Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers; Associated General Contractors of America (AGC); and American Institute of Architects (AIA). This publication is offered to help Owners better understand and communicate their collaborative delivery options and decide how best to drive their projects to the most successful outcome.
Journal of Green Building
- A magazine dedicated to expanding and improving the field of green building. The articles are written by architects, engineers, and building construction professionals with other practicing professionals in mind.
Lean Construction Institute
- Lean Construction Institute (LCI) is a non-profit organization, founded in 1997. The Institute operates as a catalyst to transform the industry through Lean project delivery using an operating system centered on a common language, fundamental principles, and basic practices.
Lean and Integrated Project Delivery
- A resource for Owners written by Owners to improve the reliability of capital project delivery through Lean Construction, Integrated Project Delivery and Building Information Modeling. Includes Case Studies, Research Reports and Data to support owners in moving towards more collaborative project delivery.
- Asbestos.com is committed to providing the latest, up-to-date information to our visitors in the hopes of spreading awareness about the dangers of asbestos cancer.
National Institute of Building Sciences
- The building community's connection to the authoritative national source of knowledge and advice on matters of building regulation, science, and technology.
PPRC Green Building Guide
- This resource is a guide to green building for project developers and for the design, construction, and facility operation professionals they hire. The resource also can be used by technical assistance providers who work with businesses and institutions that may be planning construction or remodeling projects.
Sustainable Buildings Industry Council
(SBIC) - An independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the design, affordability, energy performance, and environmental soundness of America's buildings. The SBIC produces the Whole Building Design Guide
, a tool for applying the integrated design approach to building.
- The premier magazine for green business leaders and entrepreneurs. Sustainable Industries
offers frank and lively coverage of green building, clean energy, technology, food , and more. Each issue is chock full of news, information, and analysis you can use to change the world today.
The Indoor Air Quality Association
- Promotes awareness, education, and certification in the field of Indoor Air Quality through integrity, credibility, and independence. Its mission is to establish credible certifications that provide lasting value to professionals, their clients, and the public.
The Law of Building Green
- This guide contains some of the insights that our team has developed on a few of the key topics central to this growing segment of the real estate industry from our perspective as leaders in renewable energy, land use, real estate development, and tax and corporate finance.
World Green Building Council
- The WorldGBC supports national Green Building Councils whose common mission is to create a sustainable built environment through market transformation.