Construction Process Management
Registration Fees - 1-day course
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing (email is acceptable). COAA will refund the full cost of registration for cancellations received 30 or more calendar days before the course date. COAA is not responsible for any incurred travel or lodging charges.
Terry Cook, Owner, University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
Warren Williams, Architect, Lord Aeck Sargent
Rich Tilghman, Contractor, Pepper Construction
Learn about proven tools and strategies to manage and lead your team successfully
through construction. Discover successful leadership skills during the construction
phase, monitor the contractor’s schedule, deal with change orders, and make
meetings effective and efficient. Gain an understanding of the Owner’s role in quality assurance, project safety and project close out, and tips in reviewing a contractor’s pay request.
1. Learn leadership techniques and the PM role applicable during the construction phase.
2. Learn tactics to identify warning signs of trouble and how to recover the project schedule.
3. Obtain strategies to effectively manage submittals/ shop drawings to maintain quality and avoid delays.
4. Understand RFIs and how to process them appropriately.
5. Learn tactics to contribute to efficient and effective meetings.
6. Discover techniques to review schedule of values and process invoices accurately and timely.
7. Learn tips to proactively manage changes in the work.
8. Discover tools to achieve a quality project from mock-ups to third party inspections.
9. Learn tools to ensure project documentation serves the entire project team.