March 27, 2019 - 7:30am - 5:00pm ET
Breakfast and Lunch provided
Brody Building, Michigan State University
241 W. Brody Road
East Lansing, MI 48825
Registration Fees - 1 day course
Terry Cook, University of Maryland, Baltimore, County
Mike Kenig, Holder Construction
David Zapotek, Corgan Associates
Learn both best practices in the development of the project budget and strategies for maintaining the budget. Discover methods for designing to the budget, defining and managing contingencies, value management, use of allowances and alternates, change order management, and the financial close out of the project.
1. Learn how an Owner establishes the appropriate project budget.
2. Strategies to maintain the budget throughout the life of the project.
3. Methods to get the best value for the owner’s funding.
4. Strategies to consider with owner-furnished and non-construction items.
5. Understand the differences in GMP versus lump sum price evaluations.
6. Best practices to manage contingencies, change orders and the financial close out of the project.