The Owner Training Institute encompasses 13 Owner Training Courses, Live and On-Demand Webinars, and discounts on Lorman Education products.
Design-Build - OTI Course
Terry Cook, Owner, Unversity of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
Carlos Barrios, Designer, Baker Barrios Architects
Rob Mitchell, Contractor, The Whiting Turner Contracting Company
Owners’ project managers will learn how to prepare, lead and motivate a project team
using the design-build delivery method. Specific tools, strategies and options will be
shared in this two-day session including:
- Learn the differences in managing the types of Design-Build (Closed Book vs. Open Book) and the aspects of each.
- Best practices on establishing the appropriate level of design criteria/project program and tools to achieve your goals.
- Strategies to maintain control of the design in design-build
- Approaches to quality assurance using the design-build method.
- Tips for the management of a design-build project.
This course is interactive with project examples and group exercises along with useful handouts provided. The course is conducted by an experienced 3-person team of instructors led by an Owner who is joined by an architect and a contractor.