Registration Fees - 2-day course
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing (email is acceptable). COAA will refund the full cost of registration for cancellations received 30 or more calendar days before the course date. COAA is not responsible for any incurred travel or lodging charges.
Learn how to prepare, lead, and motivate a project team using the design-build
delivery method. Specific tools, strategies, and options are shared including:
• The differences in managing the types of Design- Build (Closed Book vs. Open Book) and the aspects of each
• Best practices on establishing the appropriate level of design criteria/project
program and tools to achieve your goals
• Strategies to maintain control of the design in design-build
• Approaches to quality assurance using the design-build method
• Tips for the management of a design-build project
1. Understand the types of D-B (Closed Book and Open Book) and the differences with each.
2. Learn about the primary approaches to D-B.
3. Learn the importance of a strong project program/ design criteria.
4. Identify best practices and strategies with D-B – preparing the Owner’s team, strong relationships/collaboration, design review, quality assurance, etc.