Design-Build - OTI Course
Registration Fees - 2-day course
Learn how to prepare, lead, and motivate a project team using the design-build
delivery method. Specific tools, strategies, and options are shared including:
• The differences in managing the types of Design- Build (Closed Book vs. Open Book) and the aspects of each
• Best practices on establishing the appropriate level of design criteria/project
program and tools to achieve your goals
• Strategies to maintain control of the design in design-build
• Approaches to quality assurance using the design-build method
• Tips for the management of a design-build project
1. Understand the types of D-B (Closed Book and Open Book) and the differences with each.
2. Learn about the primary approaches to D-B.
3. Learn the importance of a strong project program/ design criteria.
4. Identify best practices and strategies with D-B – preparing the Owner’s team, strong relationships/collaboration, design review, quality assurance, etc.