The Owner Training Institute encompasses 12 Owner Training Courses, Live and On-Demand Webinars, and discounts on Lorman Education products.
Design Process Management
Registration Fees - 1-day course
|COAA Members and ACI-NA Summit Attendees*
* Discounted rates apply to airport Owners/operators attending the May 19-20 ACI-NA/ACC/AGC Airport Construction Strategy Summit. Use promo code ACI-NAOTI.
** Price increases $100 after 4/10/20
PCL Construction Services, Inc.
6700 Forum Drive
Continental breakfast and lunch provided.
** price increases $100 after 4/10/20
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing (email is acceptable)
. COAA will refund the full cost of registration for cancellations received 30 or more calendar days before the course date. COAA is not responsible for any incurred travel or lodging charges
Discover why Owners must manage the design process and discover proven techniques for doing so. Learn how to keep the design on schedule and achieve a project that you can construct within your budget, while mastering the delicate process of satisfying your stakeholders. See the design process from the designer’s perspective, understand what the design team needs from the Owner, and hear
strategies for how to lead your project team through a successful design.
1. Understand the design process and the players.
2. Learn why leading design is important.
3. Grasp the importance of planning and scheduling.
4. Discover best practices, tips, and suggestions.
WHY Manage The Design Process
- Why ... and Why NOT
- Crazy Ride / One Shot
- Common Threads
WHO (Designers) and WHAT (The Process)
- How Designers Think & Work
- The Nature of Design
- Risk Management and Planning the Plan
- Deliverables and Reviews
- Other Considerations (e.g., Design Assist)
HOW To Manage in the Real World
- Managing the Team
- Schedule & Time
- Budget & Cost
- Construction Planning
Other Considerations, Tips, and Suggestions
- Furnishings & Equipment
- Scope Creep
- Closeout Planning