Course Outline - DPM
Design Process Management
1. WHY Manage The Design Process
Why … and Why NOT
Crazy Ride / One Shot
2. WHO (Designers) and WHAT (The Process)
How Designers Think & Work
The Nature of Design
Risk Management and Planning the Plan
Deliverables and Reviews
Other Considerations (e.g., Design Assist)
3. HOW To Manage in the Real World
Managing the Team
Schedule & Time
Budget & Cost
4. Other Considerations, Tips, and Suggestions
Furnishings & Equipment
1. Understand the design process and the players.
2. Learn why leading design is important.
3. Grasp the importance of planning and scheduling.
4. Discover best practices, tips, and suggestions.