Introduction to Construction Project Management
Registration Fees - 2-day course
Wayne State University
5454 Cass Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
Thursday, June11, 2020 and Friday, June 12, 2020 - 8:00 am - 5:00pm
Continental breakfast and lunch provided Tuesday, breakfast only provided Wednesday.
** price increases $100 after 5/11/20
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing (email is acceptable). COAA will refund the full cost of registration for cancellations received 30 or more calendar days before the course date. COAA is not responsible for any incurred travel or lodging charges.
Gain a broad understanding (or improve your knowledge) of all areas of an Owner’s management of a project.
Learn about all of the elements in the design and construction of a project and tips and tools to achieve project success. Specific tools, strategies, and topics are shared and discussed, including:
• The role of the Owner Project Manager and
• The pros and cons of the different project delivery
methods and how to select a method
• Elements of programming and strategies to engage
stakeholders and make decisions
• How to do a master project schedule and strategies
to stay on schedule
• An overview of design team and construction team
selection options and sharing of lessons learned
• Management of the design process and strategies to
achieve the balance of quality, cost, and schedule
• Tips in the management of the budget
• Tactics to manage the construction administration
phase and close out
1. Learn about all the elements in the design and construction of a project.
2. Tips and tools to achieve project success.
3. Improve the Owner PM’s knowledge of all areas in the management of a project.