The Owner Training Institute encompasses 13 Owner Training Courses, Live and On-Demand Webinars, and discounts on Lorman Education products.
La Jolla, CA
November 13, 2018 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Course)
*Rates increase by $100 after September 15
Rachel Prinkey - Owner - Penn State University
Don B. Bush - Architect - Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Bob Campbell - Contractor - Holder Construction Company
Owners’ project managers will learn how planning, teamwork and effective management are keys to successful closeout. Specific, proven tools and strategies will be shared in this one-day session including:
- Why one starts the close out process at the beginning of the project.
- How and when building commissioning should really start.
- Differences in project closeout based on project size (under $100K, under $1M and over $1M)
- Tools to employ to streamline close out including prompt punch list completion, complete O&M manuals and efficient financial closeout.
- How to deal with elements of close out associated with non-construction vendors (i.e. furniture, moving, telecom, etc.).
The course is interactive with group exercises and real life project examples providing insights that illustrate best practices. The course is conducted by COAA’s signature experienced 3-person team of instructors led by an experienced Owner, joined by an architect and contractor.
Download Course Outline