The Owner Training Institute encompasses 12 Owner Training Courses, Live and On-Demand Webinars, and discounts on Lorman Education products.
Project Management - An Owner's Perspective
Registration Fees - 1.5 day course
Howie Ferguson - Owner (retired), University of Florida; COAA
Mike Kenig - Contractor, Holder Construction
Tony Aeck - Architect, Lord, Aeck & Sargent
Learn how to lead and motivate a project team to achieve project success. Tools, strategies, and options will be shared, including:
• An in-depth discussion of the Owner Project
Manager’s role and how it differs from the PM
role in design and construction firms.
• Proven methods to manage budget, scope,
schedule, and quality.
• Strategies to engage stakeholders including
O&M colleagues to manage their expectations.
• Tools to assess, minimize, and manage the
• Measures to avoid or moderate disputes
1. How to lead and motivate a project team to achieve project success.
2. What makes a “good” Owner and what’s unique about being the Owner’s Project Manager (PM)?
3. Proven methods to manage budget, scope, schedule, and quality.
4. Tips for effective communication and meeting management.
5. Strategies to engage stakeholders, end users, and O&M staff.
6. Measures to manage risk and avoid or mitigate disputes.