The Owner Training Institute encompasses 13 Owner Training Courses, Live and On-Demand Webinars, and discounts on Lorman Education products.
Project Management - An Owner's Perspective - OTI Course
This course can be brought to your location.
Registration Fees - 1.5 day course
Terry Cook - Owner, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
Rich Tilghman - Contractor, Pepper Construction Group
Tony Aeck - Architect, Lord, Aeck & Sargent
Owners’ project managers will learn how to lead and motivate a project team to achieve project success. Specific tools, strategies and options will be shared in this one-day session including:
- An in-depth discussion of the Owner Project Manager’s role and how it differs from the PM role in design and construction firms;
- Proven methods to manage budget, scope, schedule and quality;
- Strategies to engage stakeholders including O&M colleagues to manage their expectations;
- Tools to assess, minimize and manage the owner’s risk; and,
- Measures to avoid or moderate disputes.
This course is interactive with project examples and group exercises along with useful handouts provided.
The course is conducted by an experienced 3-person team of instructors led by an Owner who is joined by an architect and a contractor.
Download Course Outline