City of Gaithersburg
506 South Frederick Ave
Gaithersburg MD, 20877
Thursday, December 10, 2020 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Continental breakfast and lunch provided.
Registration Fees - 1-day course
All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing (email is acceptable). COAA will refund the full cost of registration for cancellations received 30 or more calendar days before the course date. COAA is not responsible for any incurred travel or lodging charges.
John Zahor, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Brian Penner, Hensel Phelps
John Sier, Kitch Attorneys & Counselors
Best practices for the development and management of a project schedule during both design and construction will be shared, including:
How to properly review the schedule and schedule updates
Proactive strategies to maintain the schedule
How to identify the warning signs if things are going off track, methods to manage float
Approaches to deal with various types of delays and make up time.
1. Learn the role of all parties regarding schedule on a typical construction project.
2. Understand what obligations the Owner has for the project schedule and the associated legal implications.
3. Discover the keys to developing the project schedule in collaboration with the A/E and the Contractor.
4. Acquire strategies and tools to successfully manage and monitor the schedule.
5. Learn methods to deal with schedule impacts and delays as well as scheduling pitfalls.